Monday, August 17, 2009

Movie Reviews

After my marathon movie going experience this weekend, I saw a movie on Friday, Saturday and Sundy, I decided to do a movie review post on each of the flicks I saw.

The scale will be based on a letter grading system. Each movie will get a fair review based on several factors which matter to me.

Movie # 1- The Time Traveler's Wife (B+)

the_time_travelers_wife_movie_poster

I must first say that my opinion may be a little biased because I was first obsessed with this book and had been counting down the days to this release on my iGoogle page. The movie was good and in most cases very true to the book (except where it made logical sense to change it). I do feel like I had a better insight into what was going on since I read the book and it is probably confusing to those who have not. All in all, for me, it lived up to my expectations. But don't go into this movie thinking you will like it unless you have come to the understanding that time travel exists and you are going to believe for 2 hours.

Movie # 2- 500 Days of Summer (A-)

500DaysofSummer

If you want a fun, quirky, make you smile movie then this will do it. I loved the fact that the tables were turned and you got to watch a man be the sappy romantic. (Because yes, it does exist). This movie was a joy to watch and was one of the few movies that shows what relationships are really like. The pairing of Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Zoey Deschanel was perfect, their playful personalities worked well together. My one problem...it is a little slow in places and sometimes boring showing the mundane areas of relationships.

Move # 3- Julie & Julia (A)

juliejulia

This was a delightful and charming movie. I enjoyed every minute of it. It is fun and sad and whimsical all at the same time. Amy Adams is great and Meryl Streep is fantastic as usual. Watching the two separate stories and how they melded together was very entertaining. It was also very interesting to see a side of Julia Child I was not aware of. I would definitely recommend seeing this movie. Probably my favorite of the weekend.

My butt and back is sore from sitting in the movie theater position but it was worth it!

1 comment:

  1. Can't imagine how a Meryl Strep movie could be anything other than an A, except maybe Mamma Mia-definately not my favorite.We plan to go see Julie and Julia at the Warren this weekend where the chairs are soo comfortable and cocktails are brought to you.I also heard 500 Days of Summer was great. Guess I willl put that in my list!!
    Thanks for the reviews. XOXOLes

    ReplyDelete