Thursday, June 16, 2011

mid century love

My favorite thing in the world is mid century furniture.  Its so beautiful and simple and perfect.  Slowly but surely I am replacing most notable pieces of furniture with mid century inspired or actual mid century pieces.

One of the best parts about finding original mid century furniture is the craftsmanship.  They just don't make furniture like they used to.  Everything is real wood, hand carved details, dovetail drawers etc.  Pieces of furniture constructed in the mid 50's are in better shape than something I bought 5 years ago.  

So where better to use mid century furniture?  The nursery of course.  The latest project on our list of to-do's and the only one that has a definite timeline.  I scoured Craigslist and antique stores looking for the perfect dresser and lucky me, I found one a couple weeks ago.  And it was only $240.  



I am in love with it.  Plus it has 9 drawers of storage...perfect.  

More mid century to come I am sure.



No comments:

Post a Comment