Thursday, May 24, 2012

Molly: 6 Months

6 months. Half a year old. As close to birth as she is to 1. Unbelievable really.

There hasn't been a tremendous amount of change in the last month. She is still working on those teeth. She is still working on crawling. Both things I thought would be well established by now but she is taking her time. I am in no rush.

As Molly gets older we feel more and more comfortable taking her out. And she really enjoys all the sights and sounds. We found out she is quite the party animal when we took her to her first outdoor night concert at the Dallas Arboretum and her first NBA game. She was out past 10 on both occasions and had a blast. She also had her first trip to Ikea which she thoroughly enjoyed.

We started down the path of solid foods again after our doc told us its time to try again. We are doing a combination of purees and finger food. Her attitude towards eating is hit or miss. Sometimes she is happy and enjoys eating and other times she fusses and hates it. Hopefully as we get established with food she will learn to like it more and more.

She isn't quite sitting yet. She is doing this half lean thing that is really close. Its only a matter of time.

Her personality comes out more and more each day. And let me tell you -- its feisty! {I think she gets that from me.} She has quite the laugh and squeal when she is excited. She coos and babbles a lot. And she also lets us know when she is not thrilled with her situation. Especially when she gets hungry.

The sleeping well comes and goes. I am attributing it to all the development she is doing right now. We were very spoiled when she was a newborn and while it could be much worse I want my 8 to 8 baby back. We'll get there. One day.

Every morning when I venture into her room and we make eye contact for the first time that day I melt. Her morning smiles are the best and I can feel how much she loves me. I am one lucky Mom.

Happy 6 Months Molly!

Untitled

DSC_0587



Stats:
Weight- 13 lbs 8oz  {10%}
Height- 25 1/2" {50%}
Head- 16" {10%}

Wearing 3-6mo or 6mo clothing and some 6-9mo and size 2 diapers.

Likes:
Playing on the floor
Going to events
Her box of toys
Being thrown in the air
The camera

Dislikes:
Being away from Mom and Dad
Not being able to reach a toy
Riding in the car (still!)
Sitting in her high chair

Untitled




No comments:

Post a Comment