Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Quick DIY Playroom Art

With the start of the new year I have been on a bit of a DIY kick. There are lots of things on our list and we are slowly crossing them off. I also seem to have added a few as well, darn it Pinterest!

I shared our table makeover for Molly, which she continues to absolutely LOVE. But we also did another small project to add a little more fun to Molly's playroom.

I found my inspiration on Pinterest (I have no original ideas. ha!) and then got to work.

Source: google.com via hallie on Pinterest


I decided I wanted to spell out the word PLAY to put above her toy area and really add a fun way to dictate what this space is for.

The Process-

Step 1: Purchase canvas. In my case I wanted 12 x 12 square canvas. You can find them at your local hobby store or order them online at Amazon. I bought a 4-pack at Michaels.

Step 2: Create print outs for your letters so you can trace them onto your canvas. I used PrinterProjects.com

Step 3: Print out your chosen letters, cut them out and trace them onto your canvas.

Step 4: Pick out your paint colors. I used paints I already had on hand from a previous project. The best paint is basic acrylic paint you can find at Hobby Lobby, Wal-Mart etc.

Step 5: Paint away! Make sure to stay inside the lines. : )

The entire process took me (and my Mom) about 10 minutes. Easy and turned out so cute!

The finished product. Voila!

Untitled

Untitled

Total cost for this project was around $10. I had most of the supplies and I used a 40% off coupon at Michaels for the canvas.

Not too shabby.



No comments:

Post a Comment