Thursday, March 3, 2016

One More Day (second time around)...

I published a post the day before Molly, my 4 year old, turned One about the last day before her birth. It was the last day of my childless life and I had absolutely no idea how dramatically and quickly my life was about to change (in every possible way).

Now here I sit, one more day until my second baby girl, Ellie, turns One. Tomorrow morning when I wake up I will have a 4 year old and a 1 year old. It blows my mind. This last year has been amazing but its also been hard, trying, utterly exhausting and so many other things. Having a second child didn't rock my entire world the same way having our first did, but once again everything we knew about our daily life was turned upside down. My then 3 year old went through her own growth pains as a new big sister along with the rest of my family as we learned how to exist and be happy as a family of 4. But here we are. 364 days later. We survived. And my goodness how we are blessed. So blessed.

This time last year was just a normal day and we were not even close to being prepared to welcome our second baby. Her due date was 3 weeks away. My midwife had checked me and I was barely 1 centimeter dilated. We had time.

Chase and I were on the couch watching a movie. It was around midnight and I got up to go to the bathroom. When I did my water broke. I looked at Chase and started to kinda freak out. I wasn't ready. Molly wasn't ready. I thought I had a couple more weeks to soak in my first baby and plan a few more adventures. But the baby was ready and she was coming.

I called my midwife and told her. She told me to go back to bed and try to relax while we waited for things to really get started. So I went and curled up in bed and tried to really enjoy the quiet, the calm, the normal before everything would be turned upside down again.

364 days ago...


View More: http://zarophotography.pass.us/hallie View More: http://zarophotography.pass.us/hallie

No comments:

Post a Comment