Wednesday, February 9, 2011

til death do us part

In keeping with the non-traditional theme of our wedding Chase and I decided to write our own vows.  We really liked the idea of using our own words when committing ourselves to one another. The entire ceremony was planned and put together by Chase and I, and in the end it made it all the more special.

Hallie  and Chase 0046

Hallie  and Chase 0172

Hallie  and Chase 0426

Chase and I had been together for seven years before we got married so being able to write our own vows and talk about our history was important to us.  I decided to share the vows we made to each other.

My vows:
Chase Logan Vincent, I love you
I love your crooked smile
I love the way my head fits perfectly under your chin
I love how you pick me up when you hug me
I love the sparkle in your eye when you have an idea
And most of all, I love the way you love me.


The greatest thing I have done in my life is to love you and be loved by you
I am so excited to walk through the rest of my life with you by my side
From this day on, I choose you to be my husband
To bring out the best in you always and be the most  I can for you
I will be here for you always and forever, for the rest of my life
This I promise you.


Hallie  and Chase 0479
I teared up.

Chase's vows:
I am filled with and surrounded by so much happiness and love today that all I can is give thanks.
I am thankful for Biz, who introduced us and had the hotel party where we met.
Thankful for my best friends who dragged me out of the house that night
And especially thankful for the Mike's Hard Lemonade that broke the ice.


But what I am most appreciative of is the heavenly father seeing fit that I should be so lucky to spend the rest of my life with you.
My life changed for the better the moment you turned around and I saw those freckles and green eyes again.
You challenge and inspire me in so many ways that I am perpetually becoming a better man.
While I may never wear crimson and cream in support of OU, I will spend the rest of my life striving to make you the happiest woman on earth.
With all my love, faith, courage and respect I can give, I promise to comfort and protect you til death do us part.  
For richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, I Chase Vincent am forever blessed to take you, Hallie Moore, to be my wedded wife as long as we both shall live.


Always and Forever.


Hallie  and Chase 0488
He really teared up.

We got a lot of compliments on our vows which was nice to hear. I loved every minute of our ceremony and I wouldn't have wanted to do it any other way.







No comments:

Post a Comment