Tuesday, February 1, 2011

traditions spared

From the very beginning I knew I didn't want a traditional wedding.  Nothing against those that do, its just not my style.  I wanted something more simple and modern, something that was just ours and was special for our invited guests.  So when I started planning there were several things that I omitted, one being the bouquet and garter toss.

As it turns out, my soon to be husband was disappointed that he wasn't going to get to crawl under my dress, pull the garter off of my leg and then toss it to a crowd of single guys.  I was surprised he was so bummed but the thought of doing that at our reception in front of all of our guests was not something I wanted to do.  So we compromised.

After Chase and I made our grand exit from the reception we regrouped with our wedding party and other close friends at the hotel to continue celebrating our newly married status.  It was there, in the hotel lobby, that I gave in and participated in the garter toss.

Searching, locating, removing the garter.
Garter Search

Tossing to the crowd.
Garter Toss

Victory dance!
Victory Dance

It looks like Nick is next.
Nick is next

My Maid of Honor Patti's boyfriend Nick caught the garter.  He was so excited!

So in the end we kept this little tradition, but with a little modification.  Marriage is all about compromise right.

1 comment: