Monday, January 31, 2011

media console lust

One of my favorite things to do on the weekends is swing by Starbucks for some coffee and then head over to Crate & Barrel to peruse the store.  Even though they don't swap out their merchandise all that often I still manage to come across things I haven't seen before.  And I always visit my favorite pieces of furniture and make sure they aren't a floor sample on sale.

Lately I have been lusting over a low, modern and long media console that would be perfect for our living room. Its beautiful. Pearson 72" Media Console, check it out. We currently have a console from Target, that while still in good shape and attractive is too small for our growing media equipment.  Last week we got a new surround sound system and we had to spill over onto a TV tray just to be able to hook everything up.  Its clearly time for a new piece.


The only problem with the Crate & Barrel console....its $1,400 bucks!  Yowza!  Our solution to this price problem?  Beg my talented and furniture making Dad to build us a look alike.  The design of the piece is relatively simple so it shouldn't be to terribly difficult.  Right?

Let the begging begin.  Meanwhile I will just visit and lust and pretend on my Saturday outings.

No comments:

Post a Comment