Saturday, January 1, 2011

what a year

Its incredible how much time flies. Especially when you are busy with life changing events. 2010 really held some momentous occasions and was pretty intense and stressful at times but it was also a lot of fun. With another year gone Chase and I are looking forward to what 2011 has in store. But first lets take a quick look back at what made 2010 so great.

Dallas:
Technically we moved to Dallas at the very end of 2009 but we really didn't get settled until 2010 when we returned to Dallas from the holidays in OKC. We rang in the New Year with great friends and spent the next year trying to figure this big city out. Including trying to make our way through the streets and fight the crazy traffic.

IMG00008-20100220-1315

House projects:
Much of 2010 was spent working on our first home together. Lots of small projects and some pretty big ones too, read Backyard Makover. We had a blast making our first house a home.

IMG_2438

Travel:
While we didn't have any big vacations in 2010 we must have logged 100K miles driving back and forth between Dallas and Oklahoma City. We miss all our family and friends back in OKC so much we end up making the trek North pretty often. But it was worth it. I also managed to see both coasts this year...first in Oregon and then in North Carolina. That was pretty cool and both a first for me.

IMG_0093

Sports:
One of the bonuses of living in Dallas is having several professional sports teams in town. Chase and I had fun going to Mavericks games, Rangers games and Cowboys game. Plus OU football team made an appearance in Dallas twice and we made sure not to miss those either. Oh how I love me some sports.

SAM_0790

Jobs:
I started out 2010 in a new position after moving to Dallas. After working for that company for a year I figured out I missed the rush and energy of being in the Ad business so exactly one year to the day I started a new job at Slingshot LLC in the West End in downtown Dallas.


Wedding:
Obviously, by far, our wedding was the biggest thing to happen in 2010. I spent most of the year planning for it and it consumed pretty much every thought I had in 2010. We were married on November 20, 2010 and it was the best day of my life, let alone 2010. What a day. I will remember it for the rest of my life and 2010 will also be one of the best years.

Hallie  and Chase

So that rounds out the year. Lots happened and it was incredible but we are looking forward to another exciting, challenging, fun year in 2011.

Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment