Tuesday, April 26, 2011

something old, something blue, something borrowed, something new

I realize its been awhile since I posted something about the wedding and since there are a million things I haven't shared yet I have plenty to post about.

I thought I would share with you my something old and something blue which happened to be the same thing.  Since our wedding was far from traditional I wasn't super hung up on getting all the somethings for our wedding day and just let it kind of happen.

The most special item of all the somethings was what I used at the something old/something blue.  Its a handkerchief passed down from my great grandma that also happened to have a little blue in it.  I also had on it on reserve in case I needed it if I cried.  I did cry but not enough to warrant pulling out the hanky.  Plus, since my wedding dress had pockets, yes pockets, I was able to tuck my special hanky in my pocket along with my lip gloss.

Hallie  and Chase 0295

Another special item was my something borrowed.  My dress was pretty basic so I wanted a little something to add some detail and bling to it.  That is where my grandma's broach came in.  Its an old broach she has had for years and it was perfect.  It had a vintage look that went with the style of my dress and added just a touch of bling.

Hallie  and Chase 0281

And I kind of cheated on my something new...my wedding dress!  ha!

Just some little details from our wedding day, things that made the day perfect and so special for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment