Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Despite the fact that we live in Dallas, and have for almost 2 years now, Oklahoma City is home.  And it always will be.



This week I am in OKC visiting friends and family and soaking up all the goodness of truly being "home." So, I thought I would share some of my favorite things about being back Oklahoma City...things I will do my very best to experience while I am here.

#1- Time with friends and family
While we have made some really good friends in Dallas, all of our best friends live in OKC so its always a priority to visit with as many of our friends as we can.  Our families also both live in OKC so we cherish the time we get to spend with them too.

#2- Favorite Restaurants
Yes, there are a ton of great restaurants in Dallas but none that are quite as good as our favorites at home.  If you are ever in OKC be sure to check these out...

Iron Starr BBQ- best mac n cheese you will ever eat.  Oh and delicious ribs and chopped brisket as well. (we love this place so much we had our rehearsal dinner here)

Bunny's Onion Burgers- I have been visiting this place since I was 4 or 5 years old.  They are, hands down, the best burger I have ever had.  And we can't find anything like them in Dallas.

Nomad's Pizza- a very cool atmosphere straight out of the Godfather.  One of Oklahoma's first mobsters with ties to NY opened this place way back in the day.  The pizza is amazing and they deep fry the pepperoni's!  Yum.

#3- NO Traffic
After you live in Dallas and fight the horrendous traffic for a couple years this becomes a really big deal. You can travel from point A to point B in OKC without getting stuck in traffic that will add an extra 30 minutes to your trip.  Its wonderful!

#4- Nostalgia
Nothing can compete with being confronted with your own personal history at every turn.  When you grow up in a city, make friends in a city, meet goals in a city that city becomes a part of who you are.  This fact alone is why Oklahoma City is truly home.  OKC is a part of who I am, and I am proud of it!


I am so glad to be home for a few days.  Going to soak it all up!  Okie for life!




No comments:

Post a Comment