Wednesday, August 3, 2011

the nursery: prints

When it comes to the nursery we want our overall style to still be present in the room.  We didn't want to jump ship into something all gooey and baby or more traditional.  We wanted to stick with our mid-century modern aesthetic.  So when it comes to the artwork on the walls we wanted something simple and minimilist that didn't necessarily scream baby but still had a youthful feel to it.

I scoured Etsy for days looking for the perfect prints.  I had already bought the white frames from Ikea so I knew what the overall finished look was going to be.  Now it was just about finding the balance of what we like but also what makes sense for our lil bean Molly.

Voila!  Two perfect prints for our baby girl's room.



We really wanted to incorporate our love for our home state Oklahoma somehow and the print seemed like the perfect way.  Even though our lil girls birth certificate will say Texas, she will grow up an Oklahoman and proud of it.  We also wanted to include something that both Chase and I enjoy, bicycling.  The print is an ideal mix of part of Chase and I, but also a bit whimsical and youthful.

Next up...we just have to hang them (extremely securely).  Don't even get me started on the horrific images I have had in my head of those things falling on my baby's head. I will leave that part up to Chase.

1 comment:

  1. Those are super cute!!! I can't wait to see the whole nursery!

    ReplyDelete