Friday, August 2, 2013

Its a Wienervention!

Hot dogs are a summer staple in our household. We love to get together with friends, hang out in the backyard chatting and playing games and fire up the grill to roast some hot dogs. Good fun and delicious summer food.

I never really worried about what was actually in a hot dog, I knew it wasn't great stuff but it tasted good and that was enough for me. Then we had Molly and when she started eating real food I was definitely weary of giving her hot dogs. Too many fillers and mystery ingredients. It just didn't sit well with me as a good food item for her. But of course she loved them...

So it was time for a Wienervention!



Courtesy of Applegate hot dogs! Cue the hallelujahs! And put hot dogs back on the summer menu.

Applegate was kind enough to send us a package full of delicious, healthy, organic, no filler hot dogs. I wasn't the only one that was excited when we opened up the box.

Untitled

Applegate generously sent us a variety of dogs to try, both organic and natural.

Untitled

I knew from the research I had done into Applegate's products and the ingridients listed on the packaging that these were definitely the best possible hot dogs you can eat. No guilty feeling for gobbling these up or giving them to Molly. I think this little quote from the CEO sums it up nicely,

"So…What if you weren’t afraid to read the ingredients on a hot dog package? Like me, you’d feel better about eating them, and serving them to your family. That simple idea has always been, and will continue to be, what drives Applegate."

But the true test would come when we tasted them. They have to taste good to make their way on our menu. So we grilled em up.

Untitled

And served them to our prestigious taste testers...

Untitled

Untitled

Approved! These two tots practically licked their plates. That is a win for me! Us adults enjoyed them too. We slapped in some buns with mustard, ketchup, cheese, relish and avocado and devoured them. Our self proclaimed hot dog guru friend also gave them the seal of approval.

And it gets better! One of my hot dog lovin readers will get to experience this Wienervention first hand! The great people at Applegate have offered to send the same package full of dogs to one reader. 

Giveaway Details:

To win, simply comment on my post (be sure to include your email) with the words "Wienervention" and tell me what your favorite thing to throw on the grill is.

Giveaway closes Friday August  9th at 12pm CST.


Check out the Applegate Wienervention Facebook page for coupons and recipes. And visit Applegate.com for more information on the company's story and their products. They make lots of great stuff besides hot dogs.

And in the meantime, don't be afraid to spread the word about the Wienervention happening!!



4 comments:

  1. Wienervention!! My favorite thing to grill is fish and veggies!! alexandraashaw@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shayne's favorite food is the hotdog! I've been hesitant ever since I read an article linking hotdog to leukemia! We definitely could use a wienervention!! Kateivey6@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wienervention! Great name :) I haven't tried hot dogs for Annabelle yet because I was afraid. Good to know there is a safe choice to see if she likes them! kimberlycritz@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wienervention! Love the name! I haven't tried hot dogs for my daughter yet because I never liked what was in them. But I guess its time to try the apple gate hot dogs.
    moona.mohd@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete