Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Circle of Life

One of the best Christmas presents Chase and I got this past year were tickets to see the Broadway musical Lion King here in Oklahoma. Chase's mom got us the tickets and they were great seats.

LionKing

Of all the plays/musicals I have seen (not a ton) this was by far the best. The whole thing was absolutely magical. It was also fun because I grew up watching the Lion King movie and I could still sing along to the songs.

IMG_1699
All dressed up for the show

The most amazing thing about the show was not the storyline or the music but the costumes. It was incredible to see how the costumes and scenery really brought the animals and the jungle setting to life. I have never seen anything like it.

LionKing3
Circle of Life

The most impressive costume to me was the cheetah. To see how realistic the movements of the animal were was so neat. The actor's head was strapped to the cheetah's head in a way that made the movements of the head mimic exactly the actor's movements. My jaw just dropped.

LionKing2
Cheetah and Giraffes

Our seats were also perfect because they were on the aisle. Several times during the show animals are coming up and down the aisles. The life-size elephant came right by us.

I even teared up and got goosebumps when all the animals were gathered on stage in the beginning singing Circle of Life.

If this show is ever in your area I would highly recommend seeing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment