Sunday, June 7, 2009

Nothing like an ice cold Pop's

This Saturday was another one of my Mom and Daughter shopping days with my mom Shari. This time we hit up several stores in Edmond and then we were going to get lunch at one of our favorite places, McAlister's. Then I had a great idea, let's drive out to Pop's!

IMG00208

Pop's is a new Oklahoma landmark located on Historic Route 66 in Arcadia. It's futuristic design and 66 foot tall soda bottle are just a couple of the things that make it unique. It's an actual gas station and soda fountain/restaurant with over 500 different kinds of soda.

IMG00214

The place opened up a few years back but Mom and I had never been so we made this our Saturday lunch destination. Nothing better than a strawberry soda alongside a burger and fries.

IMG00213

After lunch we both grabbed a 6 pack holder and picked up several varieties of soda pop to take home. I also grabbed a 6 pack of Pop's select lager beer.

IMG00210

It was the perfect Saturday adventure. If you haven't made it out to Pop's yet I suggest you make the short trip. It's well worth it.

IMG00212



No comments:

Post a Comment