Monday, January 4, 2010

Wedding Date

The date was a big deal.  I was always the girl who couldn't quite figure out why everyone had a date the day after they got engaged.  I thought that was ridiculous.  Then I got engaged and after the "Congratulations" the next thing out of everyone's mouth was, "Have you set a date yet?"  That started to take its toll and made me a little anxious.  That anxiety was compounded when I made my first call to a potential venue and they hinted that I was lucky because the date I was requesting was the ONLY available date that month.  That call was made over a year in advance of the requested date.  Seriously?  This wedding stuff is insane.

So after I figured out that we needed to figure out the date asap we then had to bust out the OSU and OU football schedules.  Pretty ridiculous to think that our wedding would have to compete with college football but if we wanted some of our guests to show up we would have to make sure we were not asking them to sacrifice gameday tickets.

After all of that, we had a date.  I made the calls, checked the necessary calendars and filled out the forms to book our venues and then...someone snuck in right ahead of me and booked our date!  GASP!  FML!  We had to start the process all over again and select a few new potential dates.

And today we finally got the date booked!  Drum-roll please, everyone mark your calendars for November 20, 2010.

We will be swapping vows at the Oklahoma State Capitol:


And then celebrating with everyone at RED Prime Steak in Automobile Alley:

 
 
Whew...I can breathe a little easier now.


1 comment:

  1. Yeah!! Wedding date! I know exactly what you're going through.. The better half and I have only been engaged about a week and we're already pacing back and forth trying to figure details out. We're not as worried about booking the venue as much as we are worried about getting the photog we want. He's already booking well into 2011, so once our date with him is booked, it will be official! Who knew wedding planning would be this zainy right?

    ReplyDelete