Friday, March 12, 2010

Wedding Dress

Until a couple weeks ago I thought I would be wearing my mom's wedding dress down the aisle, or at least a modified version of it.  Then, she took it out of the box and we realized it was a little more 80's than she remembered.  Beautiful for then, but not for now.  So...the wedding dress hunt begins.

Because I didn't think I would be looking for one I really don't have a solid idea of what I want in mind.  I know what I would like the groom and his groomsmen to wear, I know what I would like my bridesmaids to wear but no idea what kind of wedding dress I want.  Oh!  Except I want it to have pockets!  So here are a few ideas I really like.  Next week I am going back home and the actual shopping will begin.

 dress2


dress1


dress3

dress4

I honestly have no idea what I really want.

2 comments:

  1. What kind of wedding is it? I would personally go with the last one you pictured but I was married under a tree barefoot with just my wonderful man, the pastor and my mother with a disposable camera. My dress came from Macy's and was all of $60, which was expensive to me then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Sarah- We are having a modern elegant wedding with a bit of a old time jazz feel. Nothing crazy over the top, just fun and friends.

    I actually ended up finding a dress that was closest to the last one I showed, just a step up from the casual to a little more classic. BUT...it does have pockets!

    ReplyDelete