Wednesday, November 10, 2010

book review: eighteen acres

Eighteen Acres by Nicole Wallace


I first heard about this book on Good Morning America while it was playing in the background during my morning routine about a month or so ago.  I thought it sounded pretty interesting and added it to my "books I want to read" list that I keep.  After I started another book and couldn't get into it I decided to go ahead and buy this one.

Its a great book.  Very easy to read and at only 336 pages it is also a very quick read.  Once I started it I couldn't put it down!

The book is about the White House Chief of Staff to the first ever elected woman president.  It is fiction, but it bases itself on the true structure of the US government and how things operate inside the eighteen acres that make up the White House compound.  What's also interesting is how it tells the story from the perspective of three different main characters so you get to interact on a personal level with more than one character.  And of course it throws in some commonalities with current political policies and decisions but not in a criticizing way which was nice.

I would highly recommend this book.  Its a fun, spicy, entertaining and easy read.  You know there is drama when a woman is running the country!


No comments:

Post a Comment