Wednesday, March 16, 2011

something Irish

In honor of St. Patrick's day I thought I would pay tribute to the shamrock or clover.  The clover is a huge part of Chase and I's relationship, its sort of our symbol.  We registered the symbol as our married last name, ya know...like Prince.  Not really.

But it really is something we have had as a part of our relationship since the very beginning.  It comes from our song which is The Luckiest by Ben Folds and the fact that we are both predominantly Irish.  It even ended up being a big part of our wedding.  I thought I would share a few of the shamrocks that exist in our homes as an ode to our relationship and our heritage.

This was the symbol that our friend Liz created to use on our wedding save the dates, invitations, signage etc.

IMG_0124
Vintage jar we found at an antique store and used to decorate our wedding reception

IMG_0123
Stained glass that Chase gave me for Christmas (hangs in our office window)

IMG_0122
Greeting card that I framed (in our living room)

IMG_0121
The most permanent of all our clovers, Chase's tattoo

IMG_0116
Clover on the collage that Chase made when he asked me to marry him




Happy Saint Patrick's Day everybody!





No comments:

Post a Comment