Wednesday, July 13, 2011

the nursery: step one-paint

As soon as we found out that we are having a little girl I was ready to start shopping and decorating.  I knew prior to finding out the gender a few of the neutral things I wanted to do and instantly started filling in the gaps in my head with girl tailored ideas after our reveal party.

But to start things off we had to paint.  Lucky for me my Mom volunteered herself (not sure why) to come stay with us for a week and help with the painting.  Or really more do all of the painting with a little bit of my help.

Our house was painted all the same brown/beige color before we moved in so we had a blank canvas to work with.  I knew long ago that regardless of boy or girl the walls were going to be a fun green color.  Its a great base for either gender and goes well with blue or pink accessories.  After we found out I also decided I wanted to paint the inside of the closet pink for a pop of girl fun and to add an additional layer to the room.  We chose Olympic zero voc Lettuce Alone for the walls and Pink Persuasion for the closet that we picked up at the local Lowe's.

IMG_2867

We also tackled the ceiling, painting it white to keep the room feeling bright and airy.

We are extremely happy with the painting project and the way the colors turned out.  Can't wait to continue making the nursery the perfect home for our little girl.

Stay tuned for the nursery mood board post.

No comments:

Post a Comment