Wednesday, January 4, 2012

All About Baby

It's hard to have a conversation these days that don't revolve around baby. Our life has been completely and utterly taken over by baby. And most of the time I am completely content with that. But sometimes the thoughts of "what happened to my life" creep in and I crave conversation that is not about changing diapers or methods to calm a crying baby. I want to talk about stupid TV, politics, the new restaurant that opened up and so on.

Problem is I don't have time to watch that stupid TV, read about the latest in politics or visit that new restaurant.

The desire to get out of the house and do something completely normal like go to a movie gets overwhelming. It's all you can think about. And its depressing because, unlike 2 months ago, we can't pick up and run to the theater for the matinee of Mission Impossible. And we won't be able to for months and months!

But its a trade-off. Instead we get to nourish our growing little baby. Watch her transform into a tiny human being. See her smile and giggle for the first time at the sight of our faces. And watch her eyes light up when we make her favorite sounds. Its humbling really. This new life of ours.

So for now I will continue to watch my Amazon search bar auto fill with every possible baby product and remember how truly special this time is.

It only happens once.

1 comment:

  1. Awwwww. Made me sad and happy at the same time. You should take advantage of grandparents more often. You can go to that movie or try that new restaurant.

    ReplyDelete