Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Back to Work

Last week I started back to work after 6 weeks of maternity leave. While I feel the urge to do something besides change diapers and bounce on the ball to calm my crying little one I am also sad to not have all day to do nothing but be a Mom. But, lets add a little twist to this scenario...I work from home.

These first couple weeks my amazing husband is here to help make the adjustment but after that its just Molly and me and the work calling from my computer. This will probably be the most challenging thing I have ever done in my life thus far. Balancing work with my baby who prefers to be held and bounced at all times and lets you know about it when she isn't. But I am extremely fortunate to have a job that allows me the flexibility to work like this, because dang! daycare is expensive and I can't bare the thought of my precious baby girl crying in some room filled with other babies and not getting the loving attention she deserves.

So, in short, challenge accepted. No matter how hard it might be.



  workbuddy

1 comment:

  1. She's so sweet! And we totally have those onesies. I loved the set so much we bought the size up, too :) That's awesome you can work from home, but I bet it's challenging, too. I am fortunate to have 7 months off (unpaid, of course), but I really don't want to return to my office job. I want to find something to do from home or part-time. I just can't believe how fast they grow!

    ReplyDelete