Thursday, July 26, 2012

Munchkin Meals: Dinner Bell!

Thanks again to Brittany at A Healthy Slice of Life, I am back with another Munchkin Meals Thursday post. This week is all about dinner.


Dinner is my favorite meal of the day for Molly because there are so many options. I feel restricted at breakfast and lunch but dinner is open and she can usually eat a variation of what we are eating.

But...that would mean we have to eat at the same time. Unfortunately between my schedule, Molly's schedule and when her Dad gets home the stars don't align very often and we eat after Molly goes to bed.

When I first thought about solids I pictured myself making all of these delicious purees on Sundays and then freezing them for easy reheating for meals. Then we moved away from purees and to baby led weaning and that plan was shot! Now I need more preparation for her dinner, something I have not mastered yet.

A lot of times Molly will have leftovers from our meal the night before. This is actually the perfect set up because I can just reheat whatever we had and boom, done!

This week I am featuring left over pot-roast (minus the beef). It was a big hit!

Untitled

Untitled

Her full dinner featured slow cooked potatoes, carrots and celery with turkey veggie ravioli as her meat item. For dessert she has fresh nectarines. 

And now for the video proof!

Molly eating dinner from ChasingHallie on Vimeo.





1 comment:

  1. I think we are probably very similar! I also thought I would make my own purees, but I'm on baby #4 and it hasn't really happened as I imagined! I've heard recently about baby led weaning but haven't really read up on the whole process. I pretty much do as you have and feed the baby, baby friendly parts of what we're eating and what we have on hand. To be honest, I have a feeling that's how people fed their babies before there were a bunch of books, doctors and websites to tell them how to feed a baby :)

    ReplyDelete