Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Munchkin Meals: Lunchtime!

Thanks again to our gracious host Brittany at A Healthy Slice of Life its Munchkin Meals time. And this week is all about lunch.



Now that Molly is becoming such a great little eater I am finding it hard to come up with new foods to feed her, and harder to plan ahead so that I have things available and ready for her.

Lunch is probably my biggest challenge in terms of creativity. I like to leave the "fun stuf" for dinner so I am having trouble coming up with things to do when its lunch time. Sounds a lot like figuring out lunch for myself.  : )

As of late our lunches usually involve cheese of some sort and a meat protein. Then fruit for dessert.

Our menu yesterday consisted of rotisserie chicken, colby jack cheese, black beans and fresh nectarines. The nectarines are SO perfect right now and absolutely delicious. Molly LOVES them. And I have to be careful because if she finds them first its all she wants.

Untitled


Get em while there hot in season! Our grocery cart gets nectarines every time we make a stop.




Looking forward to adding to my lunch arsenal with all the great Munchkin Meals link ups this week!

What are your kiddos eating for lunch?


3 comments:

  1. thanks for the tip on nectarines. Somehow they haven't made it into our cart yet. Will next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so precious!  Like you, I try to give Lula the other components of her meal first and fruit is last...just like I do for myself!  :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her "future chiropractor" onesie. 

    ReplyDelete