Thursday, December 3, 2009

Black Friday

Black Friday is one of my favorite days of the year.  My mom and I have been plotting and shopping on this day for many years.  For those of you who are not familiar, check out the Wikipedia definition for Black Friday.

Basically, its the biggest shopping day of the year with the best deals you will find all year.  This year I was after an LCD HDTV regularly priced at $429 on sale for $249.  Yahoo called it the Black Friday deal of 2009.  It was happening at Target.

In order to score this TV (my mom also wanted one) we had to set our alarm clocks for 3am and be at our neighborhood Target by 3:30 or so to get in line.  The doors opened at 5am so we had to make sure and get there plenty early.

IMG_2093

Bonus: we also got free Marcel Wanders designed tote bags. They are super cute. Our reward for being their so GD early!

For the big ticket items Target handed out maps to show where in the store those would be located. (insider tip: the sought after items are never in the department they would normally belong.) The TV's were going to be in the women's department. Lucky me, I frequent that very department quite often. I was ready.

IMG_2095

The doors flew open and we all shuffled in (careful not to actually "run" because we had been warned we would get kicked out for that). I quickly made my way out of the main isle and to the back of the women's clothes and snuck in behind the TV's and grabbed two! We got em! Once we secured ours, we watched the rest of the loot, probably around 50, disappear within a matter of seconds. It was intense. But victory!

Can't wait to do it again next year.

sidenote: my mom and I were also featured in the Daily Oklahoman as part of a Black Friday story. Check it out here.

Note: let me apologize for the lack of posts as of late.  I moved and just now got my internet hooked up.  It has been rough without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment