Tuesday, August 10, 2010

overnight stay

On my way home from the gym yesterday evening I noticed something running along the bushes as I was driving.  I took a closer look and it was the cutest little puppy.  I could see a collar from my car so I pulled over, jumped out and went over to the dog to check it out.

Turns out the only tag the dog had was a vaccination tag from the vet and the vet (who is in Reno, Nevada) was closed for the day.  So, what to do?  I loaded the pup into the back of my car and took him home.

At first we weren't sure how our dog Paisley would react so we kept the dog outside but once we put them together they made fast friends.



I had some extra company this morning as I worked from home.  The puppy was absolutely adorable.  Luckily when I called the vet today they had a name and cell phone number for his owner.  I called and the owner was delighted to find out about his dog.

Within the hour the owner came by to take his beloved dog home.  It was a nice unexpected visitor.  And Chase and I realized how much Paisley needs a brother or sister.

So the hunt for a second dog begins.

3 comments: