Monday, August 2, 2010

wedding cakes

Some people get really into their wedding cakes and have these super elaborate multi-tiered Ace of Cakes kind of thing. They create a cake that gets more attention than the bride and groom. I am not one of those people. In fact, at first I could really care less about the cake. If it tasted good and we could shove it in each others face then it was perfect.

While I am still on that end of the spectrum I did get a tiny bit into the design of the cake. After seeing thousands of cakes over the last 8 months while reading all the wedding blogs I decided I wanted to make it a little bit special but still simple and most of all delicious.

Here are a few of my favorite wedding cakes that inspired my new found interest in our wedding cake and you will see a little bit of each in Chase and I's cake come wedding day.

I love the branches and the simple green ribbon

the simplicity of this cake is beautiful

the mix of square and round is perfect

No comments:

Post a Comment