Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Weekend Recap: More pumpkins and a birthday

This weekend was filled to the brim with lots of non-stop fun! We had a few things all coming together at once: Fall Break, OU/TX weekend, my birthday, and family visiting.

My grandma from Alabama came into town and met Molly for the first time. They hit it off and Molly got to spend some good quality time with her. My parents and my brother also made the trip.

On Friday we kicked off the weekend with a visit to the Dallas Arboretum. Autumn at the Arboretum is one of the most amazing things you will ever see. Its world renowned for its Pumpkin Village with over 50,000 pumpkins creating lots of beautiful displays. We didn't get a chance to go last year so I was excited to check it out and take Molly. We are so so lucky to have a place like this right in our backyard.



Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

After exploring the pumpkin village we found a nice lush spot in the grass to have a breakfast picnic. 

Untitled

On Saturday it was the big game. OU vs Texas! If you are not from either school or live in the area you might not be aware of this tradition. Every year OU and Texas play on neutral ground at the Cotton Bowl in the Dallas fairgrounds. Its a huge rivalry and there is lots of trash talk and crazy times. Plus they divide the stadium 50/50 at the 50 yard line so half is red and the other half is orange. I have been going to this game since college. Its so much fun.

Untitled

Untitled

Come Sunday it was birthday time! I turned the big 2-8. I am officially in my late 20's and headed for 30. I am okay with that though. I might not be exactly where I thought I would be at 28 but where I am is pretty darn good. A lot happened in my 27th year, it was incredibly hard and tested me like I have never been tested before but it was the most amazing year of my life. We did not expect my 27th year to kick off with a baby but boy are we happy it did. (a little glimpse at last years bday and my bump!)

We jumpstarted my birthday with brunch (and mimosas!) at OddFellows and then hit up the nearby market.

Untitled

We followed up brunch with present opening and cake! Yum. Plus I had a handy little helper with my presents this year.

Untitled

Untitled

Whew! What a weekend. It wore me out but it was oh so much fun!

Now, lets do this 28 thing.



First two arboretum photos courtesy of the dallas arboretum website.

No comments:

Post a Comment