Friday, November 9, 2012

One more day...

This time last year Chase and I were blissfully enjoying our last days (we didn't know it was our very last) of being a family of two three (the dog).

We had finished the nursery, organized everything, packed our hospital bags, made my labor playlist, etc. etc. We were ready. All we needed was a baby.

I worked all day (it was a Wed) and went about my day as usual. I had some Braxton Hicks the night before and my due date was a couple days away so I knew I was close. I had been to the doctor the day before and was 3 cm dilated and the baby was low. Any day now.

I stopped off at my prenatal chiropractor for my adjustment. We had been working to get my body aligned and my hips and pelvis in the perfect place to aid in a smooth and natural delivery. She asked me if I wanted "the adjustment." The one that opens my hips and pelvis all the way and is known to get that baby out. We were ready. I said yes.

I went home, had dinner, went on a walk with our neighbors and settled into bed as usual.

This was our last day and night as two. At 3:30am Molly kicked and woke me up and our journey to a family of 3 began.

364 days ago...

IMG_1725


No comments:

Post a Comment