Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My Partner in Crime

Paisley. She is the cutest dog you could ever see. When you live by yourself you need someone to pass the time with, watch TV with, cuddle up in bed with, go for walks in the park with. So, who better to share all that with than man's best friend?
Paisley
Paisley and I in Stillwater

After I moved into my duplex, which didn't allow pets :) , I decided that I was lonely and needed a companion. I LOVE dogs! I have always wanted a dog and I thought it was finally the right time.

My family has always adopted dogs. There are way too many homeless dogs for me to pay money for a dog that someone has breed in some puppy mill. So I started my search. I visited several shelters, looked online, went to PetsMart on their adoption days. I filled out adoption forms, I got on waiting lists, I did it all. Then one day I came upon a posting on CraigsList for this adorable little poofy black and white puppy. She looked perfect. She was a border collie mix, exactly what I wanted. I made a phone call, met up with the owner and picked up Paisley.
Paisley's CraigsList picture

Ever since that day she has been my absolute best friend in the world. I love to just hang out around the house with her. However, dogs can't be perfect. She has some bad habits. She likes to chew things and tear up pillows which has cost me a TON of money. She also likes to protect the house which can be annoying at times because she barks like crazy when people come over.



But for all her terrors she also has talents. I have successfully taught her to sit, speak (bark), shake and twirl. We are still working on "take a bow."


She is the best dog in the whole wide world!

No comments:

Post a Comment