Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Ugly Sweater...eh Vest

A new trend emerging during the holiday season in the years of late are ugly Christmas sweaters and parties dedicated entirely to people wearing the ugliest Christmas sweaters the local thrift store has to offer.

This year was no exception. I got invites to 3 ugly sweater parties. Each offering up good times, drinks and a promise of disgustingly ugly holiday gear. Well, you know me. I LOVE it! Anything that allows someone to look ridiculous and covered in Christmas is perfect for me.

Ad2OKC crew

I could only make one of the Christmas parties, the Ad2OKC party at a local hangout. And, lucky for me I did not have to trek to a thrift store on 23rd street in fear of my life, I just had to raid my moms closet. She had two awesome Christmas vests. Now while technically the vest is not a sweater I think the level of holiday goodness and grossness made up for that no problem. In the official rulebook vests are allowed if they are indeed ugly and covered in tacky Christmas business.

Check out Santa golfing

Since I could only make one of the parties I decided to take my sweet vest to the office. It was the Friday before Christmas and my last day at work before my 2 week vacay so it was perfect. I was already all hiped up on the holiday juice and throw in vacation and I am in the prime vest wearing mood.

My awesome vest

So, ugly Christmas sweaters and their parties are always welcome on my holiday schedule. Count me in!

No comments:

Post a Comment