Saturday, December 20, 2008

Toys for Tots

As some people might know, I am obsessed with Christmas! I will dedicate an entire post to my obsession later because clearly that is what it deserves. Anyways, every year for the last few years I have always gone out and bought toys to donate to the Toys for Tots program. I love buying toys, its so fun and I don't have anyone in my family that is the age to get toys.

This year I decided to take the Toys for Tots to the next level and have my office do a little mini toy drive. I sent out an email to everyone to bring in a new toy, doesn't have to be expensive, and then put it under our office Christmas tree.

The Third Degree Tree


A lot of people participated and we got some really great toys! I think several kids are going to have an awesome Christmas this year. I even scored some really sweet talking, flashing robot things, buy 1 get 1 free.

Toys Under the Tree

I had to do some serious guilt tactics on some people to get them to bring toys. I even took it to my boss pretty hard so he bought a gift off someone else for a dollar so he could contribute!

More Awesome Toys

After I collected all of our toys I took them to the Army Reserves by Tinker AFB to drop them all off. It turns out I went during the actual toy handout to the families that needed the toys. It was an amazing site. There was a line of cars 3 miles long waiting to get in to pick out toys. They had several police officers and army personnel directing traffic and trying to get people in to pick out their toys. It really made me realize how many people are in need of things this holiday season and how giving people can be. One of the Sergeants helped me unload the toys and take them to the back toy room. He told me that room had been piled to the ceiling with toys from all the donations.

Thanks to everyone who donated! I love the holidays, it brings out the best in people. (unless you are in the mall parking lot!)

No comments:

Post a Comment