Monday, April 6, 2009

5K on a Windy Day

This past Sunday was the 27th Annual RedBud Classic in Nichols Hills. Chase and I started this tradition with our first entry last year. We carried it on this year as we trained over the past few weeks and ran our hearts out Sunday.

rb2009



I improved my time by almost 4 minutes from last year! Wohoo! This is quite an accomplishment considering the 30 degree temperature change and the 40 mile an hour north wind gusts in my face.

redbud1
Me crossing the finish line


Chase also had a great run. He finished 10 minutes faster than last year! (last year he was running with me, or walking, I slowed him down quite a bit.)

Despite the cold and gusty winds we had a really fun time and are ready for next year. We are thinking 10K. We even had a celebratory beer at the finish line.

<redbud2
Holding up our medals

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, Hallie! I want to run a 5k soon. Maybe the memorial marathon if they have one.

    ReplyDelete