Thursday, April 23, 2009

Secret Lunch Location

One of the great parts about working downtown is being able to walk to lunch on beautiful sunny days.

Today, a couple co-workers of mine, Tara and Holly, took off for Subway a couple blocks away. On our way back Tara told us of a new secret lunch spot she found to stop and eat. So, we did.


seating



We set up shop with our subway sandwiches and bags of cheetos under what we assume is an awning created in the 60's. As I was eating I could picture all of the men in their brown suits standing about smoking cigarrettes with their secretaries.


sunbathing



I got the sun seat out of the group, so I used this time to let the rays hit my pale skin and get the summer glow going.

So nice to be able to step out of the office on those sunny days.

2 comments:

  1. We're so cool. Even if the Cheeto bag designs are NOT cool anymore. See original Cheeto bag packaging here, which I can't find a pic of online, but trust me, way better than Chester Cheetah.

    Also, have you ever noticed that Angelina Jolie's kids are ALWAYS toting a bag of Cheetos around. I mean, she's all sophisticated and high-brow all the time, you'd think they'd be eating some organic ground-by-peasants-in-the-Himalayas curd bean snacks or somthing, but nope. Shiloh eats the Cheetos. That's why I eat them.

    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. That spot is awesome. I've known about it for years, but only recently did I realize if you walk around that courtyard there are awesome pre-Urban Renewal artifacts placed there to commerate the "future OKC" that never happened. There are spires from the Baum building, pieces of the Biltmore hotel, and very very awesome archeological artifacts from the once-thriving CBD area. I think someone should put together a commission to recover all of these priceless gems and update an area, possibly within Santa Fe Garage even, to tell the story of Urban Renewal and endless credit so we never make that mistake again.

    ReplyDelete