Sunday, April 12, 2009

Spontaneous Spring Project

Since Saturday was such a beautiful spring day I decided it was time to plant flowers. While my Mom and I were out on one of our Saturday shopping days I decided I wanted to purchase some planting items.

For the first time, we made a trip to a long established local feed and plant store here in the city called Horns Seed Co.

IMG00147

My mom and I picked out some beautiful petunias to go in the new pot I purchased for my front porch. I got the pot at Horns also, for only $11!

IMG00148

I also purchased several bags of seeds in a variety of flowers. I am planning to plant these in the front flowerbed that lines my side of the house and the joint flowerbed in front of my porch. I was hoping to get these planted before the rain came but I didn't quite make it.

IMG_1530

When we returned home my mom helped me clean off my front porch and get it Spring and Summer ready. Drinks on the porch!

IMG_1526

We also planted the petunia's in my new pot and placed them on the porch for added color.

IMG_1523

So now my house is ready for Spring. Come by soon for icepicks and snacks on the front porch.

IMG_1527
The finished project

1 comment: