Tuesday, April 6, 2010

spring planting

This past weekend I decided to take full advantage of having my mom, an avid gardener, and my brother, a landscape designer, in town.  We had a long bed in the front of our house, a bed in the back and some shrubbery to work on.  Lucky for me they were all in!

They arrived in town on Saturday morning and after they settled in we went outside to assess the situation, discuss our options (based on the way the house faces, the sun/shade exposure, the grade of the ground etc.), make notes and so on. After we had a game plan we headed out to a few local nursery shops.

We piled flowers and plants into the back of my car, got some mulch and a new pot for the front porch and made our way back to the house to begin the dirt-y work. ha! It took us, in total, about 4 hours (including removal of old shrubbery, ground prep, shopping, planting, clean up, dumping).

Front:
IMG_2340
Combination of Mums, Impatients and Calanbais.

IMG_2339
potted Geranium on newly transformed pot stand

IMG_2346

Back:
IMG_2348
combination of Green Potato vine (which will fill in as ground cover), Caladiums and Gardenias.

IMG_2347


We are pleased!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE potato vine. You've inspired me to get on it with our landscaping.

    ReplyDelete