Sunday, February 8, 2009

Listology

I love to make lists, especially to-do lists but any list is very gratifying. And there is nothing better than that feeling of pure accomplishment you get when crossing something off a list. Sometimes I even write "new to-do list" on my current to-do list. Shh. Don't tell anybody.

Recently, while drooling over the stationary section at Barnes and Noble, I came across an interesting journal called Listology.



They are journals with fill in the blank list topics, a book of pre-determined list categories. Ahh, HEAVEN! The topics are varied from the cliche "Things to do before you die" to more quirky things like "list the ways you have changed since your teens."

I thought a new running post could be lists from my book that I share with you guys. So, to start things off enjoy the first Listology list topic, "Bad things you did when you were a kid," one of my favorites out of the entire book.


1. Punched my lil bro in the stomach so I could console him
2. Called 911 and told them there were 2 robbers in my house (4 yrs old)
3. Stole the neighbors mail and dumped it in the street drains (6 yrs old)
4. Broke into my next door neighbors house while they were out of town (best fort ever, 10 yrs old)
5. Slapped my best friend in the face at recess (8 yrs old)
6. Egged a bunch of houses (got busted and had to clean up, 10 yrs old)
7. Called my mom a bitch! (bad idea, 15 yrs old)
8. Got drunk in a limo the last day of 8th grade (only took 1/2 a beer, light-weight)
9. Stole a lighter from Walgreens (see # 10 for reason)
10. Stole my dads cigarettes and smoked (13 yrs old)
11. Watched "Fully Monty" at a 6th grade sleep over
12. Smoked some illegal substance in the neighborhood park (13 yrs old)


There is an entire series of these Listology books so when I finish filling out this one I can look forward to new fresh lists to populate.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this, I am also a list freak and I can't wait to pick this up!

    PS You were kind of a hardcore kid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. you were such a mean sister.
    2. eighth grade did the same thing.
    3. illegal substance in the park, 13 yrs. old too.
    4. same instance as #4 started a fire that got almost too big. did that a lot actually, the fire thing i mean, well both.
    5. stole stuff from walgreens too, so easy.
    I think you and me need to have reflection on our childhoods more often.

    ReplyDelete