Thursday, February 26, 2009

Screw Cox!

Over the weekend AT&T came out and installed their new service offering called U-verse. What that means to me is I can quit writing checks to Cox every month. Victory!


Since I first started paying my own bills in college I have had a tumultuous relationship with Cox. Long story short they are assholes because they knew you had to use them. Not anymore, AT&T has arrived.

Plus, its better. My DVR now records 4 shows at a time instead of a measly 2. You can use one box for multiple TVs throughout your house. My high-speed internet is faster. AND...its cheaper. There are some other cool bonuses too, like free wi-fi at Starbucks, flikr on your TV and lots more. Even more, after all of that I got a $100 Visa gift card for signing up.

I highly recommend looking into AT&T U-Verse. It's new so its not available in every area yet, but when it reaches you sign up! See if its available here.



3 comments:

  1. You'll have to keep me updated on this. I'm interested in seeing how their customer service is once things go wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My parents have it. I love it. Too bad it still isn't in my area. :( I hate Cox too. WAY TOO EXPENSIVE! But it is a step up from Suddenlink that I had to use in Stillwater. That shit was ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a coincidence! Ive had cox for forever and was a really good customer, and although they were jerks they always kinda worked with me so i was somewhat happy.

    Long story, but this weekend i had a HORRIBLE experience with them. And was just talking to my friend last night about how she likes AT&T betterSo yeah. Switching to AT&T this week. Plus it will be nice to pay for internet and my cell all in one bill from now on. Sweet deal.

    ReplyDelete