Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Mardi Gras, Fat Tuesday and Lent



Last night Liz, Kathleen, Jeremy, Jenn and I went out to celebrate Mardi Gras/Fat Tuesday with Hurricanes at Nova.


Hurricane: Bacardi 151, spiced rum, dark rum, light rum, pineapple juice, orange juice, grenadine. Whew! That was a very strong drink. Perfect for celebration.

After Fat Tuesday Lent starts.

Lent: the 40 weekdays from Ash Wednesday to Easter observed by the Roman Catholic, Eastern, and some Protestant churches as a period of penitence and fasting

Every year, I choose to give at least one thing up for the 40 days. This year I have decided on two things to give up.

1. The snooze button- every morning I hit snooze 3 or 4 times before actually getting up. No more.



2. Red meat- I like red meat a lot but it is not very healthy and sometimes makes me sick.

What are you giving up?

2 comments: