Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Silly Hallie, Games are for kids!

I love games. Whether it be sports, a rousing game of charades, or an all out brawl on the Clue board. I think they are great, wholesome (sometimes) entertainment for everyone.

One of my favorite games is Kimbo, the game of fences. Kimbo was invented by Parker Brothers in 1960. It is a game of strategic thinking where you try to decide between using fences to create a path for your game pieces or to block others from making their way to the winners circle.



My dad played this with his father when he was a kid and now he plays it with my brother and I. A few years back my dad found an original game on eBay and bought it. Even though the box has browned and some of the fences have to be wedged in sideways its the best game I have ever seen.



Hopefully I can snatch another game board on eBay and play it with my kids. Good quality time around a game board should never be ignored.

No comments:

Post a Comment