Tuesday, January 20, 2009

And it all comes crashing down

As someone who lives alone (except for Paisley) there are things that happen that you are not quite sure what to do about. This was one of those times.

About 4 months ago as I was waking up one morning I noticed a drooping occurring on my ceiling. But I thought oh well. About 4 hours later as I was watching the Dallas Cowboys a huge crash came from the back of the house. Yep, the entire ceiling in my bedroom had come crashing to the ground!



First of all, NEVER put up those awful cheap ceiling tiles. They were super ugly and then they don't hold up. As you can see some of the nails came loose and since they are all attached together they slowly loosened the entire ceiling and pulled each other down.



The debris also left a ton of dust and crap all over my room. Most of the initial materials fell on my bed. Thank god I was not sleeping when it happened!



These are the crazy things that happen that you need a boyfriend or husband for. Since my pseudo single lifestyle leaves that to be desired I had to call my dad over for reinforcements.

I did end up getting a nice new textured ceiling put up. Unfortunately I had to sleep on my couch for a week while they were doing the work. Ugh. Good times.

1 comment:

  1. This is when it's nice to have a landlord. "Free" repairs and house cleaning afterwards!

    ReplyDelete