Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Sickness

I have always prided myself on the fact that I almost never get sick and I absolutely NEVER throw up (drunk throw up excluded).

Well, that is not the case. Sunday I started feeling a little scratch in my throat, which slowly became a sore throat and an enlarged gland sticking out of my neck. By Monday a cough had started to form and for the past two days snot just continues to flow out of my nose.



All I can do it take a nice little mix of NyQuil, DayQuil, Sudafed, ibuprofen and cough drops. It seems to do the trick most of the time, at least allowing me to breath and swallow without too much pain. The only downside is this weird little high I am on from all the meds.

When I was a kid my mommy would put me in bed, bring me orange juice and snacks, give me the perfect medicine, and make me soup and grill cheese. And now... I am all on my own. The only company I have is cuddle company from Paisley. Even she seems annoyed by my endless nose blowing and coughing. It is times like these where a live-in boyfriend would really come in handy. I need someone to take care of me.



Instead, I had to make my own homemade chicken noodle soup for lunch and dinner. I had to stand over the stove with a spoon in one hand and a wad of kleenex in the other. It is just not right.

Calling on well wishes. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment