Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Those pesky resolutions

It is that time of year again. Time to think about the things you didn't seem to quite accomplish last year and try to make them a priority in the new year.



At work we have what we call "Huddle Up" where you meet with your respective departments and go over your priority, your stuck and some good news for the day. So, I decided to sort of "huddle up" about my resolutions and here are the results.

My Priorities are:

1. Get Healthy- I was an athlete from the day I was born. I love any and all sports and used to play multiple sports at one time. I could eat anything I wanted and pay no penalties for it. I could also run endlessly without breathing hard. Those times have passed. My last organized sports playing was in college sorority intramurals about 3 years ago. The days have come when I have to actually work hard to stay in shape and eat healthy or else the pounds will pile on. So, this year I am going to get back in my gym routine, eat healthier and get my body back in shape.

2. No drinking- This is not something I am doing because I am an alcoholic or because I get out of control too much (I do ocassionally but come on, who doesn't), this is all part of the cleansing my body of harmful, unhealthy things.

3. Organized running- Last year I ran my first organized 5k. I had a blast, albeit it kicked my ass. This year I am ready to tackle a few more. I would like to run at least 4 5Ks this year. I am hoping that will lead to my first 10K next year.

4. Explore my beliefs- I have never been a church goer or an overly religious person. I have my basic beliefs, I pray, I go to church on special occassions and a few times in between but I don't really, truly know how I feel about religion and what I believe. This year I want to explore some things and try to discover what I believe.

5. Prepare for settling down in D-Town- Chase will be heading to Parker Chiropractic school in Dallas, TX this summer/fall and I will be following not too far behind. This year we will be searching for a place to live, organizing the beginning of our actual lives in the same place and then trying not to kill each other when we finally move in together.

6. Trips- One of my goals is to take some more trips, vacations, small getaways. Chase and I had a fantastic time in Quartz Mountain on our two-day retreat and I really want to try to do that more often. Whether it be heading off to a bed and breakfast or hitting the ski slopes, getting away is always refreshing.

7. Be happy- Too much of life is wasted on being stressed, upset, angry, frustrated, bored, annoyed, irritated, disheartened and otherwise unhappy. Life is too short. You have to learn to take what life brings and embrace it. You will never get back the minutes you waste working on not being happy.

My stucks are:

None, no excuses. It is time to step up to the plate and get it done.

Good news:

I have already gotten started.


So thats it. Seven. I can do that. I can handle seven resolutions. I have an entire year right. Right. Let's get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment