Thursday, January 15, 2009

Tuna Casserole

I am famous for very few things but one of them is my tuna casserole. Yes I know, it sounds super 1970s avocado kitchen but it is delicious. Just ask my friends Kathleen and Liz who can't live without it. I even use the threat of not making it to get what I want. hehe

The recipe is super simple and quick which makes it even better. It takes about 20 minutes prep time (mostly the noodles) and about 20 minutes in the oven. Just the basics, and don't skimp on the cheese. Yum!

Ingredients

You mix all the ingredients together except the noodles in one big bowl. You can sneak a dip with a cracker at this step to test.

Mix it all up

You bake it in the oven at about 375 for 20 minutes to get a nice golden brown color on the top layer of cheese and crackers.

Cheese and crackers

After all that you are left with a delectable dinner to enjoy with friends or by yourself.

Finished product

I suggest you save it all for yourself because in my opinion, the leftoevers are even better!


3 comments:

  1. It is so so so so good. I was thinking last night that I might have to try and recreate it for dinner this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where do you put the noodles? What else are you not telling me? I need literally step-by-step. I am going to make this next week. I wonder if you could use those flat no-boil noodles from Barilla like you use in lasagna as a substitute to cut the noodle prep time?
    – Tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

    Have I told you lately what excellent taste you have in food?

    -Liz

    ReplyDelete