Saturday, January 17, 2009

So far so good

As some of you might remember, I am not drinking right now. It is part of my get healthy, cleanse and detox thing I am doing.

So far it is easier than I thought. There have been 3 'for sure' occasions where I would have consumed a pretty good amount of either beer or liquor and at least a couple dinner nights where I would have normally enjoyed more than a couple glasses of red wine. Nothing, I have had absolutely zero alcohol of any kind since December 31st/January 1st. It actually feels pretty good.

Since I still want to hang out with my friends and have a good time I decided to drink an energy drink while everybody else is guzzling down libations. It was my idea to at the very least stay awake and try to match their "high."

My plan isn't exactly working and when you come down off of those things its rough. I think I will just go with water or tea or diet coke next time.

28 days til my next drink of alcohol. No problem. I got this.

No comments:

Post a Comment