Friday, January 30, 2009

James Dean

In honor of Mr. Dean's upcoming birthday (Feb 8th) I thought I would show off my love of James.

Some of you may already know how much I love him but some of you may have no idea. I believe it started when I saw a picture of him (one of those cheesy, tacky, gift shop old hollywood pics) and was intrigued. Then I did a little research on him, saw one of his movies and fell in love with him. Plus, he is damn sexy.

Through the past 10 years I have collected and decorated my house with photography of James Dean. I have trimmed it back a bit when I moved into my new house but he is still not forgotten completely.

If you don't know about James Dean, he was a great young actor in the early 50's and in his short career snatched two Oscars. He also had a love for racing cars and ended up being killed in a high-speed car accident when he was only 24. At the time of his death he was known as one of the best, most talented and star studded actors with a long legendary career ahead of him. He was also known for being very mysterious, rebellious and someone who preferred to keep to himself.

Anyways, I thought I would share some of the James Dean items I own.

Collage I created with photos from his famous sweater photoshoot


James Dean 2009 Calendar


James' 3 Movies

Classic James in my dining room



Book 'The Rebel' Fictitious story about the continuation of his life had he survived the car accident

If you want to learn the basics check out the James Dean wikipedia listing.

He is the only man I would ever leave Chase for (well him and JT).

No comments:

Post a Comment